6 Reasons Video Marketing is the Smartest Investment in Your Business Right Now!
Video marketing has exploded over the last 10 years and the uptrend isn’t going anywhere soon. The proliferation of social media networks and newsfeeds have made video an essential marketing tool that every business should be putting resources behind. Small and medium-sized businesses have the most to gain through marketing with video content because it can reduce their customer acquisition costs to pennies.
It’s not an exaggeration to say that it is easier today than ever before to get your business in front of a worldwide audience! Even businesses with the slimmest of marketing budgets can find success reaching a massive audience by publishing the right video content.
First, can video marketing actually work for your business?
Getting results with video marketing is easy and it’s not too late to leap in with both feet! Many industries have been slow to incorporate video into their marketing strategy, meaning this is an area where YOU can still dominate.
Let me ask you a few questions: Is your business actively looking for new leads? Is your team trying to keep existing customers from sampling the competition’s offerings? Do you want your business to be seen as a thought leader in your industry? (Even if only at the local level.) If you answered yes to any of those questions, then designing a video marketing strategy is something to seriously consider.
93% of businesses reported gaining a new customer as a direct result of the video content they posted on social media. (Source)
Businesses that invested in video marketing ended up growing revenue 49% faster than non-video users in 2017. (Source)
Below I’ve outlined 6 essential reasons video marketing should be part of your business advertising strategy! It doesn’t matter your industry, video marketing can work for you!
Stop wasting time brainstorming video ideas! Check out our list of tried and true topics.
Reason 1: Video Can Easily Garner Massive Exposure!
The lynchpin of any successful marketing campaign is spreading the word. – Developing the most useful product in the world is worthless if you can’t get it to the customers who need it most. Video marketing is a proven and effective way to disseminate your messaging and reach a large audience for 3 reasons: (1) Video can entertain, educate, and inspire quickly. (2) Google loves it! (3) Social media sites prioritize it!
1. Take a moment to consider our modern communication preferences. We text short messages, post fleeting status updates, and confine our thoughts to 140 characters; brevity is prioritized. The same preferences explain the success of video marketing. It’s short, sweet, to the point. – It fits the expected qualities for how we choose to communicate. Combine that with how easy it has become to share and it’s easy to understand why video works so well for spreading advertising messages.
2. You may have heard that Google prioritizes video in search results. This is because their users asked for it. Users voted with their clicks and attention. – You know the goal of marketing is to reach customers where they spend time – give your customers what they want, market with video and Google will suggest you in search results.
3. In recent years, social media sites have increasingly prioritized video and made it easier to spread. Like Google, these sites have recognized that users crave video content, and more than any other form of communication it’s what users prefer to share.
According to Insivia, video posted on social media generates 1200% more shares than text and photo posts combined. (Source)
Reason 2: Video Builds Trust Through Personality
Salespeople understand, if they can secure a face to face meeting with a prospective client, the likelihood of moving a deal forward increases exponentially. Consider the impact that one face to face meeting has on your business’ bottom line. – Now multiply that impact by the hundreds or thousands of people that could be reached with a well-planned social media video featuring your sales or PR rep sharing useful information about your products. The impact that a well-made video can have is tremendous, and the reach efficiency can’t be matched by any other marketing medium.
A 2017 study by Wyzowl concluded that when users enjoy a video advertisement, their purchase intent increases by 97%. (Source)
Reason 3: Video is the Medium of Thought Leaders
No doubt there are thought leaders in your industry. They exist in every vertical. If I had to make a bet I would guess that most of the thought leaders in your industry are publishing video as part of their marketing strategy. (Leave me a comment below if I’m wrong.) If I’m right and video marketing is working for their businesses, it can work for yours too! The interesting thing about video marketing is that is has a disproportionate effect on how viewers perceive your status in the market. Your status conveys your positioning, reinforces your pricing, and informs customer expectations when doing business with you. – Publishing entertaining, educational, and helpful video content WILL boost your status and make your business one that customers and competitors want to watch and do business with.
Reason 4: Video is a Memorable, Multi-Sensory Experience
There are lots of ways to make a brand memorable. Sometimes it’s a catchy slogan (“Just Do It” or “I’m Lovin’ It”), other times it’s a shape (Pizza Hut’s iconic red roof) or color scheme (UPS’s trademarked brown) or even just a unique bit of audio (Farmer’s Insurance “We are Farmers …”). The power of video marketing is that it combines the best, catchiest parts of each marketing medium. When it comes to stuffing memorable hooks into a single piece of content, the multi-sensory experience of video is unmatched.
According to a study by Hubspot, 80% of users can recall a video ad they’ve seen in the past 30 days. (Source)
Reason 5: Video is a Fantastic Medium for Explanation
Would you rather read a 2-page article detailing the features of your new gadget or watch a 2-minute hands-on tutorial? Most would prefer the video for good reason. Video marketing is a fantastic medium for show and tell! The effectiveness of explainer videos is evident in the conversion metrics. 97% of video marketers reported that video increased user understanding of a product or service, and 76% reported that video helped them increase sales. What could an explainer video do for your business?
Reason 6: Your Competitors Aren’t Fully Leveraging Video…Yet
Now is a crucial time for many businesses to decide how to spend their marketing budgets. There are no signs that video marketing will slow anytime soon. In fact, video as a marketing tool is expected to continue its explosive growth trend into the foreseeable future. This article wouldn’t be complete without explaining that businesses who wholeheartedly embrace video marketing will statistically have an advantage over those that don’t. Video marketing done in a thoughtful and helpful way has the power to change your brand and relationships with customers for the better. – Many businesses simply aren’t taking video seriously enough and that is a gift to those who are.
~ Bookmark this page and infographic for later! ~
If you’re convinced that video marketing can pad your bottom line by strengthening customer relationships, reaching new prospects, and converting leads to buyers with less money – you’re going to need some direction on what to do next.
- Download our printable list of evergreen video topics. Skip the content brainstorming meeting cause we’ve already done that for you.
- Consider if your business has the production resources in-house, or if you need to hire an agency to produce videos. – You’ll want all the benefits of proper lighting, audio, video, and editing. Video shot on your phone won’t impress your leads and prospects. – Send us a message through the contact form below to see how we can help.
- Explore ways to remix and repurpose your videos to get the most out of each one.